Terms + Conditions of use for SquareMeal
ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ("User") VISITING, USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SITE AT www.squaremeal.co.uk ("Site") OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE AGREES TO AND IS BOUND BY THE
FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT ("Agreement")
- This Site, together with all content, data and other materials contained in the Site ("Content") is owned or controlled by Monomax Limited, Company Number 2554719, registered in England and Wales, with its registered office at Quadrant
House Fifth Floor, 250 Kennington Lane, London SE11 5RD, Tel 020 7582 0222 ("SquareMeal", "us", or "we").
- You may use the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use only. You may not access the Site with any automated software. If you would like to use our services for a commercial purpose, or in any way that is different to how they are presented
on the Site, you must first obtain our explicit approval.
- This Site is intended for reference purposes only and use of the Site and/or the Content is entirely at your own risk. SquareMeal makes no representations whatsoever about any restaurant, bar, venue, event or any other third-party or third-party
goods or services made accessible to you via use of the Site, either directly or indirectly, including but not limited to Site content, links, and email communication.
- Please note that, whilst we endeavour to provide accurate and useful information, the Content may be inaccurate and is subject to change, often at very short notice. All Content is provided without any representations or warranties of any kind,
either implied or express, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and is not intended as specific commercial or legal advice. Specifically, SquareMeal does not represent or warrant that the Site or the Content will be accurate,
up-to-date, complete or free of defects, including without limitation viruses or other harmful elements. You further acknowledge that the Internet, our systems, websites and/or equipment may from time to time be less than fully operative and
that we will not be held liable for any failure or inability to provide continuous, error-free, uninterrupted service under these or any other circumstances.
- SquareMeal provides various links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience and SquareMeal: (i) does not endorse or take responsibility for the content of such websites, (ii) is not responsible for the
availability of such websites; and (ii) will not be liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using such websites or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or websites
available on or through any such website or resource. If you decide to access linked websites and/or obtain goods or services from providers accessible via such links, you do so at your own risk.
- If you send or provide any information or personal data to us, you agree to provide only true, accurate and complete information to us and/or the Site. You further agree that (other than for Personal Data) you agree to grant to us a perpetual,
royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use your contribution in all media, and you warrant that all such materials are original and that you have the right to grant such licence and you agree to waive your moral rights for the purposes
- SquareMeal, unless otherwise stated, owns or controls all copyright, database and all other intellectual property rights in the Site and the Contents. You may not publish, distribute, extract, re-utilise, or reproduce any part of the Site or its
contents in any form (including storing it in any medium) other than as expressly allowed herein or as permitted by UK or local law.
- All online restaurant bookings made via SquareMeal are fulfilled by third-parties. Following each online booking, SquareMeal will confirm the reservation (usually by email) as soon as reasonably possible and no contract shall be formed until such confirmation is despatched. Please note that all bookings are subject to availability and other factors beyond reasonable control. The third party will, for most bookings, issue to you a reference number for identification purposes to be used upon arrival at the restaurant. SquareMeal shall not be involved in any dispute that arises between you and any restaurant (for example, in relation to your booking, standard of service, food or bill). Please note that any "special offers" advertised on SquareMeal are only available to users booking through SquareMeal and may not be available in conjunction with any offer made directly by or from the relevant restaurant.
- You may cancel your reservation via the SquareMeal Site or by calling the Restaurant directly. Such notices must be received at least 24 hours prior to the reservation and are subject to any cancellation fees imposed by the restaurant either for the table itself, for any reduction in the number of diners or for a failure to turn up at all (a "no show"). Please note some restaurants impose surcharges for groups of larger than a certain number and in such cases, a failure to cancel, a change to the booking or a "no show" may result in these fees and charges being debited to your credit card at the discretion of the restaurant.
- In order to maintain our high standard of service, any "no show" at a restaurant will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. SquareMeal, however, reserves the right in its own discretion to disallow users from using our services for repeated "no
shows". We further reserve the right to issue a warning, temporary or indefinite suspension and/or termination of your rights to use our services if we believe you have breached or attempted to breach this Agreement.
- All special dining requests made at the time of booking will be passed to the restaurant by SquareMeal, though fulfilment of such requests cannot be guaranteed and is always at the discretion of the restaurant at any time.
- Square Meal operates a Rewards Scheme ("Scheme"). The rules applying to the Scheme can be found here
- User agrees that the liability of SquareMeal to User under this Agreement shall be limited to the amount User has actually paid to SquareMeal for its services. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit or exclude liability for death or
personal injury caused by negligence of SquareMeal.
- The brands, products and service names used in this Site (including without limitation, "SquareMeal", "Square Meal" and "London & UK Restaurant & Venue Guide" are the trade marks or trade names of SquareMeal or its trading partners unless
otherwise stated. You may not distribute products or offer services under or by reference to or otherwise use or reproduce any such trade marks, trade names or taglines without the prior written permission of SquareMeal.
- You agree and undertake not to attempt to damage, deny service to, hack, crack, reverse-engineer, or otherwise interfere (collectively, "Interfere") with the Site in any manner. If you in any way Interfere with the Site, you agree to pay all damages
incurred by SquareMeal. SquareMeal will cooperate with the authorities in prosecuting any User who Interferes with the Site or otherwise attempts to defraud SquareMeal or any other parties through User's use of the Site or services provided
via the Site. SquareMeal reserves the right to deny any or all access or service to any User for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion. User agrees that we may block Users IP address or addresses at any time, and at our sole discretion
to disallow User's continued use of the Site. We reserve the right to take any action we may deem appropriate in our sole discretion with respect to violations or enforcement of the terms of this Agreement, and we expressly reserve all rights
and remedies available to us at law or in equity.
- User agrees to indemnify SquareMeal for any loss or damage that may be incurred by SquareMeal, including without limitation legal fees, arising from User's use of the Site or User's use of any information obtained through the Site
- Your use of the Site and/or its content creates no partnership, client, fiduciary or other professional relationship.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties on the subject matter hereof. There are no understandings, agreements, or representations, oral or written, not specified herein regarding this Agreement. No modification of this
Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by authorized parties for both SquareMeal and User.
- If any part, term, or provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any law of the United Kingdom having jurisdiction over this Agreement, the remaining portions
or provisions shall still remain valid and continue in full force and effect.
- This Agreement and/or any other terms of service may be changed at any time without prior notice, and any such amendment will be applicable to all Users from the date and time such revised terms have been posted on the Site. You agree that you will review this Agreement periodically. Users continued use of the Site or services constitutes agreement with and acceptance of any such amendment or other changes.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If you have any queries about this Agreement or wish to resume receiving information which you may have previously opted-out of receiving, please contact us at [email protected].
- The SquareMeal Rewards Scheme ("Scheme") is operated by Monomax Limited ("Monomax").
- Follow this link for answers to frequently asked questions about the Scheme: https://www.squaremeal.co.uk/rewards/faqs
terms governing use of the SquareMeal website govern the SquareMeal Rewards Scheme and set out the terms of the contract between Monomax and each individual participant who has
registered to participate in the Scheme at https://www.squaremeal.co.uk/rewards
("Participant" and "Participants" shall be construed accordingly) and constitute the entire agreement between Monomax and each Participant in relation to the Scheme. Participation in the Scheme is strictly subject to these Rules.
- All Participants in the Scheme must be 18 years or older on the date on which the relevant Participant registers to participate in the Scheme and must have a resident UK, Channel Island or Isle of Man address and must notify Monomax of any change
of address. Monomax may in its absolute discretion refuse to allow any individual to participate in the Scheme.
- Under the Scheme, Monomax will set up a SquareMeal Rewards account for each Participant ("Account") to record points which have been earned and/or used by the Participant ("Points") in exchange for certain specific rewards or benefits identified
from time to time on the Scheme website ("Rewards"). Rewards must be redeemed by means of vouchers issued to qualifying Participants by Monomax ("Vouchers").
- Subject always to these Rules, Monomax will be responsible for processing the allocation and redemption of Points for Vouchers. Monomax may change and will endeavour to give the Participant notice of any change to these Rules. Any change will
be applicable to all Participants from the date and time such revised Rules have been posted on the Scheme site. A Participant’s continued participation in the Scheme by earning Points and redeeming Points for Rewards will constitute acceptance
of the Rules as amended.
- Monomax has third party sponsors ("Sponsors") through whom or which a Participant earns Points. Monomax will award Points when a Sponsor notifies Monomax that a Participant has undertaken a relevant transaction with the Sponsor. The Sponsor determines
the transactions with it in respect of which Points can be earned. Monomax may also award Points based on the specific qualifying actions of Participants in connection with activities promoted by Monomax on the Scheme website from time to
time. Monomax issues Vouchers for Rewards in exchange for valid Points held in an Account. Participants in the Scheme will only be entitled to earn Points in accordance with the Scheme if the Scheme remains open and: (1) they have booked a
table at a Sponsor restaurant using the online booking facility on the [Scheme website] at https://www.squaremeal.co.uk/rewards ("Booking") and they have honoured and paid for
a meal in accordance with the Booking and the Sponsor restaurant at which such Booking was made has notified Monomax that Points are to be credited to the Participant’s Account; or (2) Monomax is satisfied in its absolute discretion that the
Participant has met other criteria for the award of Points which may from time to time be specified on the Scheme website.
- Monomax has third party suppliers of goods and/or services ("Suppliers") with whom or which Participants can exchange a Voucher for Rewards.
- Suppliers and Sponsors may change from time to time and a list of the Suppliers and Sponsors will be available on the Scheme website.
- Under the Scheme, Points are earned or redeemed based on transactions which are made directly with the relevant Sponsor or Supplier (as the case may be) ("Transactions"). Neither Monomax nor any affiliated company shall have any responsibility
for the quality, fitness for purpose, delivery or standard of any goods or services received by or supplied to a Participant under the Scheme. Transactions with Suppliers and Sponsors and all Points and Rewards are subject to applicable laws
and the terms and conditions of the relevant Sponsor or Supplier. When a Participant exchanges a Voucher for a Reward, the agreement is between the Participant and the Supplier of the Reward and will be subject to that Supplier’s terms and
- All Rewards are subject to availability, even if a Voucher may have already been issued to a Participant to exchange for against a Reward.
- It is not possible to redeem Points until Points have been credited to the Participant’s Account. Points will only be credited to an Account if Monomax has been notified by the Sponsor of the number of Points to be credited or Monomax is satisfied
in its absolute discretion that the Participant has met other criteria for the award of Points which may from time to time be specified on the Scheme website.
- There may be some delay before Monomax receives notification from a Sponsor. Monomax is not responsible for any error, delay or failure by a Sponsor to notify Monomax of the Points to be credited to any Account.
- Points credited to an Account will expire one year from the date they are credited to that Account or the date of closure of the Scheme, whichever is the earlier. Any Voucher issued by Monomax in exchange for Points will expire on the expiry date
set out on it or the date of closure of the Scheme, whichever is the earlier. The issue of the Voucher will also be subject to any other terms and conditions stated on the Voucher or otherwise publicised.
link on any of the Monomax newsletters.
- Subject to these Rules, the Scheme will remain open unless otherwise notified by Monomax and Points, Vouchers and Rewards will be available to be earned and redeemed. Monomax will endeavour to give notice of the closure of the Scheme.
- Under the Scheme, Points, Vouchers can be used only once. Once issued, a Voucher may not be exchanged back for Points. If prior to use a Voucher is lost, stolen or damaged, Monomax may in its absolute discretion issue a replacement Voucher. If
a Transaction in respect of which Points have been issued or redeemed is cancelled, reversed or not completed Monomax may re-credit the associated Points to the relevant Participant’s Account if and when instructed to do so by the relevant
Sponsor or Supplier.
- No Points, Vouchers or Rewards have any joint or several cash value and cannot in any circumstances be exchanged for cash or for any other benefit or reward.
- Further, Points are personal to the Participant and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or any other person.
- Neither Points nor Rewards nor Vouchers may be sold or traded. Vouchers may be freely given by a Participant to a third party to use provided always that the Participant shall upon request by Monomax be able to verify the identity of the third
party purporting to redeem a Voucher for a Reward. Monomax shall have no responsibility for the behaviour, conduct or actions of any Participant or any such third party.
- Monomax reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to terminate a Participant’s Account where no Points have been earned or redeemed for a continuous period of 12 months or more.
- Monomax can close with immediate effect the Account of any Participant in the Scheme if it believes (1) that the Participant concerned has violated these Rules; or (2) that the use of the Participant’s Account is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise
unlawful; or (3) that there is evidence of any theft from or misconduct in connection with Monomax or any Sponsor or Supplier; or (4) that the Participant has supplied or intends to supply false or misleading information to or about Monomax
or any Sponsor or any Supplier; or (5) that the Participant has been abusive or offensive to Monomax or about Monomax or Sponsor or Supplier staff.
- Under the Scheme, a Participant can close an Account at any time by notifying Monomax either in writing or via the Scheme website. If an Account is closed, the Participant loses the right to earn or redeem Points and all Rewards are lost.
- In the event that the Scheme or any part of it is sold or transferred to another company or entity or person, Monomax may transfer all its rights and obligations under the Scheme without seeking any further consent and may disclose or transfer
all information held about the Participant to a prospective or actual transferee.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Scheme or these Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. In the event of any conflict between these Rules and any other promotional
communications made by Monomax in relation to the Scheme, these Rules shall prevail.
- These Rules contain Monomax’s only responsibilities in relation to the Scheme. Monomax’s only liability will be to any Participant who suffers loss arising as a direct result of Monomax’s breach of these Rules, any such liability to be limited
to crediting such Participant’s Account with any Points which have been wrongly deducted or which should have been credited but have not been. Liability for death or personal injury caused by Monomax’s negligence is not limited or excluded
by these Rules.
REVISION DATE: 10th May, 2018